Information on cookies and user’s settings
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings which websites visited by users send and store on their computer or mobile device to be later sent back to the website when a user returns for another visit. The purpose of cookies is to remember user actions and preferences, such as website display language so that it does not have to be selected again when the user browsers through pages on the same website or returns at a later date. Cookies are therefore used to perform authentication operations, browser session monitoring, and storage of information on user activities for statistical and advertising purposes. When browsing through a website, the user’s computer or mobile device may also receive cookies from web servers other than the one being visited, these are known as “third-party cookies”. Cookies cannot gather any information stored on your computer or in your files. Cookies may be session cookies (erased automatically when the web browser is closed) or permanent cookies, with or without an expiry date.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service. They are not used for any other purpose and are usually installed directly by the website owner or manager.
Profile cookies aim to create profiles relative to the user and are used for the purpose of sending advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user when browsing on-line. Due to the particularly invasive nature which such devices may have within the user’s private sphere, EU regulations stipulate that the user must be adequately informed on their use and express, therefore, his/her valid consent.
Among the technical cookies which do not require express consent for their use, the Guarantor for the protection of personal data includes:
- browser or session cookies (e.g. for authentication) which guarantee normal browsing and use of the website;
- functional cookies which allow the user to browse based on a number of selected criteria (e.g. language, or wish list) in order to improve the service provided to the user;
- first-party analytical cookies, i.e. those cookies used directly by the website manager to collect information, in an aggregate form, on the number of users and how said users visit the website;
Analytical cookies may also be third-party cookies. In this case, these are analytical cookies created and installed by third parties to analyze user browsing behavior, create website visit statistics and improve the contents provided, show a selection of similar products and possibly place targeted advertising on the web pages.
The https://www.evergoapp.com website employs only third-party analytical cookies and technical cookies with the settings described above.
Managing cookie preferences
Consent to the use of third-party analytical cookies is granted by:
- continuing web site navigation.
How to change cookie settings
Most Internet browsers are initially set-up to automatically accept cookies. This means users have the option, at any time, to set their browsers to accept all cookies, only some cookies or to block them entirely, disabling their use by websites. Furthermore, users can usually set preferences in their browsers to ensure they are notified whenever a cookie is stored on their computer. Finally, at the end of each browsing session users may delete any cookies collected from their device’s hard disk. If they wish to delete cookies installed in the browser’s cookie folder, it is important to remember that each browser has set up different procedures for managing settings.
By choosing the relevant link from the list below, users can obtain specific instructions for some of the most commonly used browsers; in particular, this web site uses the following cookie:
_ga (Google Analytics)
_gat (Google Analytics)
PHPSESSID (technical cookie for the session)
- In the case of sessions opened on Facebook following Facebook could be installed:
- act – c_user – csm – datr – fr – i_user – lu – p – presence – s – x-src – xs – datr – lu
- In case of a Google opened session, google.com might install following cookies:
- AID – APISID – HSID – NID – OGP – OGPC –PREF –SAPISID – SID – SSID – TAID – OTZ – PREF – ACCOUNT_CHOOSER – GAPS – LSID – LSOSID – RMME
- In case of a Twitter opened session, Twitter might install the following cookies:
- o _twitter_sess, auth_token, auth_token_session, guest_id, k, lang, original_referer, remember_checked, secure_session, twid, tell
The Google Analytics policy is available: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Google.com policy is available here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Facebook.com policy is available here: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Twitter.com policy is available here: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
We inform you that here below you can find the instructions to disable the cookies:
– If you use Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
– If you use Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
– If you use Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies
– If you use Safari on iPad, iPhone, iPod: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
– If you use other browsers: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
Data controller and data protection officer
The data controller of your data is Khalifa Al Mannai, based in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain; email: email@example.com
Mandatory nature of data provision
Personal data processed through the installation of first-party technical and analytical cookies are necessary to ensure correct browsing within the website.
Consent to the installation of third-party analytical cookies is optional. Your personal data will be processed by these cookies only once your consent has been provided in the manner indicated above.
Cookie notification banner text:
(optional) Click here to read our Privacy and Cookie Policies.